Date and Time: November 2016 to April 2017 from 14.30 to 16.30 pm. Venue: Alumni Meeting Room, 12th Floor, Faculty of Political Science Chulalongkorn University
Audience : Open to researchers, Master and Ph.D. scholars and public.
- Friday, November 4, 2016: Introduction session. Beyond nature and culture in Southeast Asian Societies.
Abigaël Pesses and Stéphane Rennesson (Institute of Research on Contemporary Southeast Asia – IRASEC)
- Friday, December 16, 2016: Beyond Nature and Culture of Modern Thai Water Engineering: The Ontology of Infrastructure.
Jakkrit Sangkhamanee (CSDS Board and Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University)
- Friday, January 20, 2017: Politics of nature conservation in Thailand.
Pinkaew Laungaramsri (Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Faculty of Social Science, Chiang Mai University)
- Friday, February 24, 2017: Understanding an active volcano: animism and naturalism in the central javanese society.
Adeline Martinez (IRASEC, Aix-Marseille University)
- Friday, March 17, 2017: Neak ta (land guardian spirits) in Cambodia. Reflections on the ideas of humanity and nature from the Khmer perspective.
Anne Guillou (IRASEC)
- Friday, April 28, 2017: Web of relations: the way of giving, taking and reciprocating in the Moken’s world.
Narumon Arunotai (Research Unit on Cultural Dynamics and Ethnicity, Social Research Institute, Chulalongkorn University)
Special Lecture (Bangkok and Chiang Mai), November 2017:
Philippe Descola, Professor to the Chair in Anthropology of Nature at the College of France, (confirmed, title to define).