Date and Time: November 2016 to April 2017 from 14.30 to 16.30 pm.
Venue: Alumni Meeting Room, 12th Floor, Faculty of Political Science Chulalongkorn University
Audience : Open to researchers, Master and Ph.D. scholars and public.
- Friday, November 4, 2016: Introduction session. Beyond nature and culture in Southeast Asian Societies.
Abigaël Pesses and Stéphane Rennesson (Institute of Research on Contemporary Southeast Asia – IRASEC)
- Friday, December 16, 2016: Beyond Nature and Culture of Modern Thai Water Engineering: The Ontology of Infrastructure.
Jakkrit Sangkhamanee (CSDS Board and Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University)
- Friday, January 20, 2017: Politics of nature conservation in Thailand.
Pinkaew Laungaramsri (Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Faculty of Social Science, Chiang Mai University)
- Friday, February 24, 2017: Understanding an active volcano: animism and naturalism in the central javanese society
Adeline Martinez (IRASEC, Aix-Marseille University)
- Friday, March 17, 2017: Web of relations: the way of giving, taking and reciprocating in the Moken’s world.
Narumon Arunotai (Research Unit on Cultural Dynamics and Ethnicity, Social Research Institute, Chulalongkorn University)
- Friday, April 28, 2017: Neak ta (land guardian spirits) in Cambodia. Reflections on the ideas of humanity and nature from the Khmer perspective.
Anne Guillou (IRASEC)
Special Lecture (Bangkok and Chiang Mai), November 2017:
Philippe Descola, Professor to the Chair in Anthropology of Nature at the College of France, (confirmed, title to define).